On today’s episode, I compare the traditional skills you need (or may not need) to study architecture with some skills I think will really take your abilities to a whole new level. A lot of students ask me if they have had to learn mathematics, chemistry, physics, art or computer skills to be able to study architecture. In this episode, I hopefully clear up some misconceptions that students might have.
Specifically, I’ll talk about:
• Do you need to be good at math to study architecture?
• Do you need to be good at science to study architecture?
• Do you need to be good at art or hand drawing to study architecture?
• Do you need to be good at technology / IT / CAD to study architecture?
• What skills are actually important to learn to succeed in architecture or architecture school?
• Management of time, budget and people
• Communication/social/people skills