Site Model Course – Learn How To Create 3D Contoured Rhino and Physical Site Model
In this short course, you’ll learn how to make a 3D contoured site model quickly and easily in Rhino for your architecture project. From the Rhino model, you’ll be able to create the exact same site model for a physical 3D model.
What Will I Learn?
- You'll learn how to generate a site's topography using SketchUp and Google Earth
- You'll learn how to import a model from SketchUp to Rhino
- You'll learn how to turn extract contour lines from the virtual model using Rhino's contour command
- You'll learn how to use the Rhino contour model as a reference to create a physical site contour model that is to scale
- You'll improve your Rhinoceros 3D software skills and knowledge
- You'll improve your SketchUp skills and knowledge
Topics for this course
Introduction to the Project
Rhino: Creating a Site Model
Creating the topography for a site in Rhino by generating it in Sketchup using Google Earth.