Revit Beginners Course – Tutorials to Learn Revit Fast
You are going to learn how to design and model using the industry’s leading 3D software, Revit.
Let’s face it. Learning new software is often complicated and difficult. Doing it by yourself makes it even harder, but it doesn’t need to be that way. In this course, you will be learning from a Master’s student who has practical Revit experience across three architectural firms (which all use Revit as a main design and documentation tool). You will be able to follow along to learn the skills and confidence you need to use the software efficiently in a professional setting.
You can spend days, weeks or months learning Revit by yourself, and not necessarily learning it the right way. In Kyle’s 4-hour course, you can fast-track that journey to gain the skills to design and model in Revit at a professional level.
Most online Revit tutorials or courses are boring, slow going and demonstrate incorrect practices. If you’ve watched Kyle’s videos before, you’d know that these Revit tutorials are fun, fast and easy to follow.
What Will I Learn?
- You'll learn the skills to design and model confidently in Revit.
- You'll improve your overall skills and knowledge of 3D modelling, architecture and design.
- You'll learn how to model a multi-storey building in Revit.
- You'll learn what the basic tools of architectural design are inside Revit and how to use them.
- You'll learn how to import, scale and work off reference images such as floorplans and elevations.
- You'll learn the best practices of professional Revit users and build good habits.
- You'll learn how to create and control levels.
- You'll learn how to manage "phasing" in Revit.
- You'll learn how to create and control custom materials and patterns.
- You'll learn how to create and control floors and their properties.
- You'll learn how to create and control stairs.
- You'll learn how to create and control walls and their properties.
- You'll learn how to create and control ceilings and their properties.
- You'll learn how to place families and source + load custom families such as doors and windows.
- You'll learn how to create and control roofs and their properties.
- You'll learn how to create sections, floor plans and elevations from your Revit models.
- You'll learn how to manage views to present them.
- You'll learn how to render your model in real time.
Topics for this course
Part 1 – Setting Up
Introduction to the Course1:21
Interface + Need to Knows7:57
Levels and Properties Basics3:00
Import Reference Images3:21
Part 2 – Floors
Floor Properties + Basics8:02
Creating the Ground Floors4:53
Custom Floor Materials2:20
Change View Phasing1:35
Drafting Patterns for the Ground Floor6:40
Level 1 Floors2:45
Level 2 Floors1:23
Balcony, Carport, Porch6:15
Part 3 – Stairs
Creating the Central Stairs6:27
Part 4 – Walls
Object Transparency and Selection Filter2:33
Level 1 Walls8:04
Level 2 Walls2:58
Fixing Floors Slabs Showing Through Walls1:30
Finishing Off Walls0:48
Part 5 – Ceilings
Determining Ceiling Heights5:46
Level 1 Ceilings2:14
Level 2 Ceilings1:08
Part 6 – Doors, Windows and Openings
Introduction to Doors, Windows and Openings1:55
Placing a Door3:48
Centre a Door or Window in a Wall1:50
Placing a Window1:07
Custom Family Parameters2:28
Placing the Ground Doors2:03
Fixing the Ground Bathroom4:05
Glazed Curtain Wall2:43
Finishing Doors and Windows1:46
Part 7 – Roof
Level 1 Roof7:27
Attach Walls to Roof2:25
Set Up for Level 2 Roof3:02
Level 2 Roof3:08
Part 8 – Railings, Columns, Gutters, Finishing Touches
Carport Adjustments and Roof2:30
Columns and Posts5:23
Custom Wall Profiles2:06
Balcony Stair Railing1:37
Central Stair Railing7:34
Gutters and Fascias1:50
Part 9 – Presentation
Present Your Drawings5:30
Fly Through Your Model! + Outro2:58
20 Bonus Tips and Tricks
20 Bonus Tips and Tricks19:25
About the instructor
I am probably experiencing same feelings as Columbo when he has discovered America, well done Kyle, you're a lifesaver!
Kyle is really knowledgeable user of the platform and easy to listen to. One can always improve any course but its certainly value for money. He uses a complex split level home with some challenging concepts. Being brand new to this its a good introduction and like all complex s/w it will take some screen time and patience to grasp.
great in depth video. a little fast so needed to pause every so often to catch up on computer heavy steps but overall good flow. the native refit package doesn't include some of the library you refer to but pausing and retrofitting information solves that.
You make it Fun and Easy to understand.
Thank you for this course, it was really helpful and very fast to catch up,nHowever, it is difficult to review watched videos because of its automatic forwarding mode. It is almost impossible for me to review the videos that I have watched before. Besides, will wall profiles and other things be taught in the next course?
The author is very thorough and speaks English very clearly. The content of the lessons versus the price of the course is a great value. I recommend watching the videos through first then re-watch working along with the author.