Notifications
Clear all

Get to know Martin

Martin_lugai
(@martin_lugai)
New Archi Student
Topic starter  

Hello everyone.

it's a great pleasure to be part of this amazing platform where we get to help each other to become the best versions of ourselves as architects.

My name is Martin Lugai, from Uganda (Africa) and currently in my first semester, B.Architecture at a local university here in uganda.

At a tender age while growing up, I was always fascinated by the creativity and imagination that architects put in coming up with beautiful and functional designs. that is when I was drawn towards architecture and from that moment I knew it's was the career for me and my passion.

My journey into Architecture has been quite memorable with both the happy and sad moments. after my high school I could not get into architecture school due to financial reasons so I resorted to doing odd jobs at construction sites to save some money.

I was not easy though but was determined, so I was able to enroll for a diploma in architectural draughtsmanship at a local college here. after graduation I worked with various professionals, most notably architects, civil engineers in many architectural and construction projects.

it took me about two years to finally get admission into Architecture school and that was the best day of my career journey.
however, due to financial constraints, I have to balance school with after-school work because I am actually paying my own tuition so I still do other jobs after lectures everyday to earn money for tuition.

I am grateful that I can share my experience and possibly one day I believe I will achieve my dream and also inspire others to achieve their dreams.

great to meet you all. hopefully we can get to interact more both as a group and also at personal levels.

Email: [email protected]

looking forward to having a great time and sharing. feel free to ask me anything or write to me.

Martin.

🤗

Share: